The brake system is one of the most important components of your vehicle. Because it plays such a vital role in your safety, it’s important to keep up with regular maintenance for the brake system. Our Volkswagen service center in Egg Harbor can help out, whether you need a brake inspection or brand new brake pads. The skilled, VW-certified technicians at our service center are dedicated to provide you with service of the utmost quality in a timely manner, so your car’s maintenance needs don’t need to disrupt your day.
”Atlantic Auto Body Shop repaired my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee on 07/30/2014. The vehicle had approximately 8,500 miles on it when someone hit it in a parking lot. The rear bumper and tail light required replacement, rear quarter panel need to be repaired, and of course this area of the vehicle needed to be repainted (including the bumper). I was very concerned the auto body repair would be noticeable or the paint would not match perfectly. The shop manager, provide me with an estimate and I spoke to him several different times about my concerns. Each time he assured me the repair would be undetectable. When I told him two other shops informed me the paint work would have to be extended past the rear quarter panel, into the rear door, in order to blend the new paint, he told me this was not necessary and he could match the paint perfectly without performing this additional work, which saved me money. The shop repaired my vehicle in three days and the repair was done perfectly. I asked several individuals to attempt to determine where the repair was done on my vehicle and they could not determine where the vehicle was repaired.” – DealerRater
”I was very happy with the service and how hard everyone had worked to make my first time car buying a huge success. Very happy with my new car.”- DealerRater user
Is It Time For New Brakes?
Rather obviously, the brake system in your vehicle is what brings the car to a safe stop when you hit the brake pedal. Despite its importance, many drivers will put off brake system maintenance longer than they should. The system is in constant use so it’s no surprise that it goes through regular wear and tear each and every day. Egg Harbor Volkswagen drivers that notice these signs should have their brake system checked out.
- A grinding sound. If you hear this coming from the brakes, it’s a telltale sign that the brake pads are worn out and need replacing. Worn out brake pads greatly reduces the stopping power and effectiveness of your car’s brake system.
- The brake pedal responds differently. This is a sure sign that something is wrong. When you apply the brakes, it may feel soft or spongy, or could be altogether difficult to push down. In either of these situations, you may also notice your vehicle pulling to one side when you brake; this is because the calipers have worn down unevenly.
- Vibrations. If you feel vibrations through the pedal or steering wheel, it’s a sign that your brakes have heated up too much and is indicative of serious problems with the rotor.
- A bad odor. If you apply the brakes and there’s a bad odor, it means your brake system is not working properly and may be about to fail. Overheated brake pads lead to unreliable braking patterns, so it’s especially important to get your brake system checked out if you notice a bad smell.
- Warning light. There's a reason a car’s warning light comes on and if it does, don’t ignore it!
The team at Atlantic Volkswagen can take care of your vehicle’s service needs, from brake inspections, to brake pad replacements and brake fluid flushes. We’ve got the necessary tools and training to provide our customers with quality VW service in a timely manner.
To schedule a service appointment at our Volkswagen service center in Egg Harbor, give us a call at (844) 476-3280 today!